Prince of Peace Christian School is certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program to enroll nonimmigrant students. POPCS welcomes international students from around the world to apply to grades K - 11. International students are those who do not have permanent residence in the United States and will require an I-20. We are pleased to accept qualified international students in grades K – 11. POPCS does not accept grade 12 international students or midyear transfers. Students in grades K - 6 must live with a parent and not with a host family. Demonstrated English proficiency is required.
Prince of Peace currently partners with New Oasis International Education for international students from China who seek to apply. New Oasis assists students with the cultural transition and offers additional support to international students. International student applications must be submitted through New Oasis. Interested applicants should contact:
New Oasis International Education, Inc.
International students who do not require a host family should proceed with the application process below.
- Complete all components of the admissions process
- English proficiency testing (TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., iTEP Slate, or SLEP)
- Official transcript—complete and sent directly from current school. Original and English translated documents are required.
- ISEE Testing
- Interview—in person or via Skype or Facetime
- International student packet
- Copy of birth certificate, passport and visa
- Tuition and fees must be paid in full prior to the first day of school
Regulations Related to TAPPS Participation
Prince of Peace Christian School is a member of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) and comes under their rules and regulations related to participation in athletic, academic, and fine arts competitions.
Carefully review the TAPPS bylaws, section 102, Eligibility of Foreign Students for more information. www.tapps.net/ByLaws.html
In order to immediately compete in varsity level TAPPS events, international students in grades 9-12 must be living with a family member (affidavit from blood relative required). Students in grades 9-12 must submit the TAPPS Foreign Student Application for Participation and be approved by TAPPS prior to participation. If a student is enrolled at POPCS and is found ineligible to participate in TAPPS competitions, that student will not be permitted to participate in academic, fine arts, and athletic competitions sponsored by TAPPS. Should the host family change, a new Foreign Student Application must be completed and submitted by the new host family and parents immediately. Eligibility may be affected.
- International student fees and tuition
- Apply Online
- Please be sure and choose INTERNATIONAL for the grade level when starting the student application.