Prince of Peace Christian School is certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program to enroll nonimmigrant students. International students are those who do not have permanent residence in the United States and will require an I-20.
POPCS welcomes students from around the world to apply for admission. We are pleased to accept qualified international students in grades K – 11. POPCS does not accept grade 12 international students or midyear transfers. Students in grades K - 6 must live with a parent and not with a host family. Demonstrated English proficiency is required.
International students who wish to apply should proceed with the application process below:
- Complete all components of the admissions process
- Submit English proficiency test results (TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., iTEP Slate, or other approved testing)
- Official transcript—complete and sent directly from current school. Original and English translated documents are required.
- ISEE Testing
- Interview—in person or via Zoom or Facetime
- Complete International Student packet
- Copy of birth certificate, passport and visa
- Tuition and fees must be paid in full prior to the first day of school
Regulations Related to TAPPS Participation
Prince of Peace Christian School is a member of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) and comes under their rules and regulations related to participation in athletic, academic and fine arts competitions.
Carefully review the TAPPS bylaws, section 102, Eligibility of Foreign Students for more information. www.tapps.net/ByLaws.html
In order to immediately compete in varsity level TAPPS events, international students in grades 9-12 must be living with a family member (affidavit from blood relative required). Students in grades 9-12 must be approved by TAPPS prior to participation. If a student is enrolled at POPCS and is found ineligible to participate in TAPPS competitions, that student will not be permitted to participate in academic, fine arts and athletic competitions sponsored by TAPPS. Should the host family change, a new Foreign Student Application must be completed and submitted by the new host family and parents immediately. Eligibility may be affected.
For more information on International Student Admissions, please contact the Office of Admissions: 972-598-1102.